If your school has registered for Life Skills GO, you should have received an invitation to join in your inbox. If you are instead an individual user, you may purchase a subscription plan from our online store.
Finishing account setup
Once you have successfully logged in, you will need to accept the Terms and Conditions before using Life Skills GO.
Creating a new class
Once you are in the main dashboard, you will be able to create your first class by clicking Create class in the side menu and entering the class name.
If you are unable to see the side menu, you can open it by clicking on menu icon to the left of our logo.
Click Students to start setting up your class.
Students can be added to a class in several ways:
- Students already in your school's Life Skills GO student database can be added to your class manually by click the plus button next to the student's name.
- The list of students can be filtered by name and grade by using the search bar above the list of students.
- To remove students from your class select the minus button next to the students name.
- Upload an excel spreadsheet with your students' first name, last name and grade to automatically add them to your class. This can be done by either dragging the file into the upload box, or clicking on the upload box and selecting the file on your computer.
- Manually enter a student's name in the Search or Create box and select their grade from the dropdown menu. The Create Student button can be used to add this new student to your class.
Printing student login details
So that your students are able to access the platform you will need to provide them with their login details, as QR codes that can be scanned by devices with camera or as usernames and passwords. These can be found by clicking View student login details and then printing off the appropriate details.
Assigning a unit of work
From your dashboard, select lessons from the top navigation bar. The platform will automatically direct you to either create a custom unit or select one of our suggested units. Before selecting a suggested unit, view the lessons within the unit as well as curriculum codes covered by clicking curriculum info. Once you have found the suggested unit you wish to assign, select the day you want to run the lessons on and click assign unit.
Congratulations! You have completed your Life Skills GO account setup, and are ready to run your first lesson.