The Weather Report is a practice that helps students reflect on their emotions, to better understand how they are feeling.
The Weather Report is run by default at the start of each lesson. Alternatively, a Quick Weather Report can be run from the Weather Report dashboard, or a Weather Roll Call can be used to gain rapid insight into whole class wellbeing.
Running a Quick Weather Report
A Quick Weather Report lets you check in with your students in moments without needing to login on individual devices. It can be used on an interactive whiteboard with the whole class, or with a single student.
To track results against the students in this class, please ensure that the students have been added to the class, and that the class has a unit assigned. Instructions on assigning a unit to the class can be found here.
- From the dashboard, click the Weather Report icon.
- Press the Quick Weather Report button.
- The weather report will open in a new tab. Ask the student(s) to respond to the first question by selecting a category (the top 5 icons) and then clicking on the emotion that best represents how they are feeling.
- The student(s) will receive a targeted mindfulness activity, followed by a second question asking how they are feeling now.
- Once complete, the Assign to Student dropdown can be used to track the results against a specific student. This is useful for tracking a student's wellbeing over time, and will appear in the Weather Report History on your Weather Report dashboard.
Running a whole class Weather Report in 'Roll Call' mode
If you have an interactive whiteboard or other classroom device, you can click the Roll Call button in the Weather Report dashboard to bring up a list of your students with random icons. Each student can click on their name and respond with how they're feeling. Student responses will be recorded against their name in the Weather Report History.
This is useful when you want to keep track of the wellbeing of some or all of your students over time, without doing an exercise afterwards, or using individual devices.
Viewing your students' Weather Report responses
Your class's responses to recent weather reports can be viewed from the Weather Report dashboard using the Weather Report History panel. To see a larger history, you can use the Calendar Icons to select a custom date range and update the report with the Search Icon.